7.18.2008

bag o' fun


hanging
Originally uploaded by mrs.magpie
So I was totally excited to make my first bag from "Bend the Rules Sewing." It actually wasn't too difficult. I even figured out how to freehand stich the decorative bits!! The worst part was using LINEN. Ack! Threads everywhere...refusing to crease!! But overall I was able to complete the project without too much swearing or ripping out of seams. The problem now is that the bag, as cute as it is, is actually too large for me. I don't need a large-ish tote right now. So I will probably give it for a gift at Christmas.

I will probably make myself the All Day Tote from Lotta. Seems more practical for me now. But this will wait until my present for Amanda is done and my new bedroom quilt is done. Whew. I'm tired already!

No comments: