11.26.2007

headed back

So this is my last week home with the wee one. I'm back to teaching on Monday. So wierd. I haven't really taught since June! It has been quite a summer break! She has been in a bit of a funk the past few days - waking up in the middle of the night and all, but things are way more predictable around here. We've gone "Baby Wise" so I have a bit more understanding on how to make her happy and meet all her needs. She's not like clockwork, but that is OK. She WAS sleeping through the night no problem, and I'm sure she'll get back to it once she gets out of her funk.

One change that may be affecting her is the bottle only lifestyle I'm switching to. I have been breastfeeding with a feeding tube supplement for a few weeks now. It was a great way to ensure she was getting what she needed, but as she has gotten bigger the amount of formula has been increasing making my small milk conribution small indeed. It was becoming quite a pain in the arse to get the bottles and the straw thing all the time. Then the other day, she faught me at every feeding. So I've decided that it is so ok for me to be a bottle only mom. It is not what I wanted, but it is what we've got. She is phasing out the quality boob time until there is no more. At least I'm done with the straw!

So it will be quite a different pace heading back to work. I wonder what I'll teach on Monday?

No comments: