1.23.2004

reason #412

why teaching in the first grade is always interesting: poo.

Yes, poo. I was subbing in a first grade class this week, when after lunch I noticed a "smell." I just thought someone farted. No big deal. Then one of the kids gets me and points to the floor and says "eeeeeew." Low and behold there is a turd on the floor. A small, well packed, dried turd. This was, of course, better than the alternative: the dreaded fresh turd. "Get 'em while they're hot" doesn't apply to turds. I had one of the kids grab a paper towel and get rid of the offending feces. I wanted to be sure that there were no more roaming turds in the room, so I told the 20 6 year olds that if anyone was hiding or storing any more of that, that they need to get rid of it!

I don't want to have the poo talk again, but what IS that smell?

No comments: