9.13.2007

book reviews

So in my waiting period I have taken up reading of the books I always wanted to get to, but didn't have the time. So far I've read two.

1. The Nanny Diaries. I'll never see the film because of its horrible reviews, but the book was entertaining. Nothing to lose sleep over, but an interesting peek into that kind of life. What horrible parents! Reccomended for light and easy reading.

2. Good Harbor. Picked it up because I loved The Red Tent, also by the same author. She writes well, but this is no Red Tent. Interesting, but left me feeling unfulfilled. It had potential, but was rather bland toward the end. Read The Red Tent again instead.

Now I'm reading Many Waters, the 4th in the Wrinkle in Time series. If you can call it a series. I never cared about Sandy and Dennys, but L'Engle seems fairly religious in this one, so it is interesting. I miss Charles Wallace and Meg already...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know she died. She was amazing. A Two-Part Invention was great and Walking on Water is awesome. She was one of my faves and I didn't know she was gone...